- Part Time 0.5 or 2.5 days per week
- Teaching Focussed position
- 3-year fixed term appointment based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $95.432 - $112,697 pro rata + up to 17% superannuation
The College of Science, Health and Engineering comprises 9 Schools and 16 Departments across La Trobe’s multi-campus operations. The College offers a range of general and specialist undergraduate and postgraduate courses that are rigorous and attuned to meeting the needs of students in ensuring their readiness to work in changing environments.
About the role
The School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport comprises 4 departments that house 11 disciplines. This position sits within the Discipline of Speech Pathology in the Department of Speech Pathology, Audiology and Orthoptics.
We are seeking a Linguistics academic or Speech Pathology academic with expertise in Linguistics, to join the Discipline of Speech Pathology. The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to teaching Linguistics content to Speech Pathology students in order to prepare them for clinical practice.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in phonetic transcription, linguistics, language development and language analysis
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development, in particular developing an entire new curriculum;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds;
- The incumbent will preferably have experience working with clients presenting with neurodiversity, though this is not essential to be considered for the position.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 23rd February 2020
Position Enquiries: Robyn O'Halloran, T: 03 9479 1818 | E: R.OHalloran@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD Lecturer, Linguistics.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Justin Bolton, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1073.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 50 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.