Managing a large network which spans our city and Bundoora campuses, and a number of large regional sites throughout the state, the Enterprise Services department provides design through to management, monitoring and optimisation of core infrastructure services.
The Networks & Facilities team develops, operates and supports the University IT network and data facilities as well as various services that run over the network on all sites (including, but not limited to, data centres, communication rooms, network monitoring, firewalls, network communications, wifi, network design, network segmentation, and network security), in hosted, virtual and cloud environments, as required.
They participate in projects and provide timely response and resolution of all issues and work requests.
What you will be doing
- Manage a team of technical specialists with accountability for ensuring the successful provision of network services and data facilities (in hosted, virtual and cloud environments, as required), and providing timely responses and appropriate resolution of all issues and work requests.
- Participate in projects, and work within project/program construct to establish approach, estimates and deliver to the agreed outcomes as set out in approved plans.
- Establish and maintain network services standards and processes, including revisions to implement improvements.
- Ensure appropriate management of network assets to support business needs through effective asset lifecycle management.
- Ensure the team's practices and process are aligned with the IS standards, practices, processes and governance.
- Produce and maintain systems and service documentation.
- Ensure the stability, performance and security of the network systems and data facilities delivered by the IS.
- Provide 24 hour/7 days-a-week rostered, on-call support for critical IT services in accordance with the La Trobe University Collective Agreement On-Call Arrangements, as required.
You have experience managing a high performing and motivated Networks team in a large environment, and have proven experience in building, coaching and developing a high-performance culture and are self-motivated. You are a customer service champion and are able to adapt in an outcomes focussed, and agile environment. You are resilient and have the ability to problem solve and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role, delivering IT Network and Data Facilities solutions (in hosted, virtual and cloud environments) to business priorities, including prioritising and delivering plans of work in collaboration with business, technology and external delivery partners, designed to meet strategic goals.
- Proven advanced knowledge of contemporary network technology in a Cisco environment, data facilities and awareness of industry developments and demonstrated ability to apply these in a complex, corporate environment.
- Demonstrated capability to identify and engage effectively with the projects and establish collaborative trusted working relationships required to deliver technology solutions designed to enhance business outcomes, including management to financial and service Key Performance Indicators.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and managing external vendors to service delivery outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience of ITIL, in particular Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management.
Nice to have:
- A good understanding of the higher education environment.
- Demonstrated experience of project delivery methodologies, such as SDLC and Agile
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching – and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today’s uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- Up to 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Access to discounted Health funds
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here’s how to apply
Submit a cover letter, and an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
Position Description below:
Senior Manager, Networks & Facilities.docx
For more information about Information Services at La Trobe:
La Trobe IS information.pdf
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.