- Part Time 0.6FTE or 3 days per week
- Role based in Adelaide (Women and Children’s Hospital)
- 12 month fixed term position
- $67,698 - $75,817 Pro rata
- Indigenous candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
About the role
The purpose of this National Health and Medical Research Council-funded Aboriginal-led four-year community based participatory action research project, Healing the past by Nurturing the Future, is to learn how we can best provide support during pregnancy and the first two years after birth for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) parents who have experienced childhood trauma. The project is being conducted in three jurisdictions (Northern Territory, South Australia and Victoria), with key stakeholders from all Australian jurisdictions participating in co-design workshops. View more about the project here: https://www.latrobe.edu.au/jlc/research/healing-the-past
The aim of this position is to provide research support to ensure successful implementation of the project in South Australia.
Duties at this level may include:
• Recruitment and conducting interviews with research participants using specified and agreed techniques and protocols, data entry, report writing.
• Using judgement, initiative and reflection based on community, theoretical and technical knowledge to apply to a range of differing situations, such as recruitment, community engagement etc.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and/or communities;
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, follow established procedures with limited supervision and contribute positively to an effective team.
- Experience in planning and progressing work activities within general guidelines, using initiative and judgement
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 23rd February 2020
Position Enquiries: Catherine Chamberlain, TEL: 0428 921271 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 559359 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.