- Competitive salary- Including 17% superannuation
- 3-year fixed term contract
- Bendigo based
Lead and manage the formation, design and delivery of Regional construction Projects across the suite Project types (Major Projects, Capital Works Projects, Minor Works Projects & Operational and Maintenance Projects) that contribute to the I&O Capital Plan Works Program.
The position will be based in the Bendigo I&O office on the Bendigo Campus to centrally service the other Regional Campuses and have access to the Bundoora Campus.
You will be responsible for delivering key projects such as the Shepparton Campus Extension Project (12 million) & the upgrade of several school facilities such as School of Nursing in Mildura & School of Dentistry in Bendigo among others for the rolling three year I&O Capital Plan. The role requires end to end PM capability for projects from feasibility and inception to developing a holistic strategy around procurement & delivery through to the completion of construction and the associated Defects Liability Phase.
You are a Senior Project Manager with demonstrated leadership, couching and management skills. You can work autonomously, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders with ease and have experience with line management, managing both up and down. You are resilient, a people person and enjoy problem solving to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- A tertiary qualification with at least 8 years subsequent relevant experience
- in a Design Office of an architectural or interior design practice,
- as a Consultant or Internal Project Manager,
- as an engineer, construction manager or facilities manager
- An outstanding track record of successfully delivering Major & Capital Works projects in live operational environments.
- Working knowledge of Building Codes & Regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to classify the risk assessment of a diverse range of projects with high commercial impact and assess contract EH&S plans and contract risk assessment documentation.
Travel between campuses will be required
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching – and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today’s uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- Up to 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Access to discounted Health funds
- Salary packaging
- Onsite childcare facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here’s how to apply
Submit a cover letter and an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
Position Description below:
Regional Senior Project Manager.docx
Applications close: Sunday the 23rd of February
Position enquiries: Owen Warlond, Director, Project Design & Delivery. O.Warlond@latrobe.edu.au
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.