- Full time continuing position
- Can be based at any of La Trobe University campuses (metro or regional)
- $95,432-$133,420 plus up to 17% superannuation
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The School of Education has a long and distinctive history of progressive and socially engaged teaching and research in education. The School provides for the professional preparation of teachers and educators in early childhood, primary, secondary, community, vocational and higher education, and outdoor environmental education.
About the role
This position will be responsible for developing and delivering quality education and making contributions to the teaching and research objectives of the School of Education. Leadership in areas such as student experience, academic staff development, teaching and learning innovation and initiatives, research innovation and projects is an essential element of the work of the School in achieving its strategic goals. In conjunction with this, leadership and research into innovation in flexible delivery and on‐line learning approaches is critical to the future of the School across all campuses.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the theories, trends, methodologies and education reform that inform the Learning Sciences, Differentiation and Inclusive Education to address the specialist learning needs of children and young people.
- Experience in collaboration with school and system-based educators in Learning Sciences, Differentiation and Inclusive Education
- Demonstrated understanding of curriculum reform in Learning Sciences, Differentiation and Inclusive Education.
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
Current understanding of research and evidence-based approaches to inform teaching, learning and curriculum development in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 8th March 2020 by 11:55pm (AEST)
Position Enquiries: Professor Joanna Barbousas, TEL: 03 9479 2190 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
Level B - Learning Sciences Differentiation and Inclusive Education - TR (updated).docx
Level C - Learning Sciences Differentiation & Inclusive Education - TR (updated).docx
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating which position you are interested in;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 559409 under current vacancies.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.