- Teaching Focussed
- Full time position, based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- 12 month fixed term position
- $95,432 - $112,697 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
The School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences (SEMS) sits within the College of Science, Health and Engineering. SEMS has over 70 academic staff and has a reputation for innovative course design, the maintenance of a supportive student-centred learning environment and an outstanding research profile.
About the position
A Level B teaching and research academic is expected to make a contribution to the discipline at the national level. You will develop curriculum, teach and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the development of your discipline or professional field. The position will develop, coordinate and deliver a high-quality engineering management learning experience that engages students using a blended approach.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in Engineering Management or equivalent accreditation and standing
- Demonstrate ability to participate/lead industry/government engagement and/or relevant research.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and capacity in curriculum development at course/program level.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and the ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 1st March 2019
Position Enquiries: A/Prof Hossam Aboel-Naga, TEL: +61 3 9479 1181 Email: H.Aboel-Naga@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD Lecturer, Engineering Management (TF).pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Justin Bolton, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1073 or email@example.com
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 559434 under current vacancies.
La Trobe is a participant in the Athena SWAN Charter to enhance gender equality in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics disciplines. As such, we especially encourage female applicants to apply.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.