- Opportunity to take part in a major scale IT transformation
- Flexible work options- 35-hour week
- Embed Cyber security initiatives
- $111,473 - $118,095 + up to 17% superannuation
The Security, Risk and Compliance department is accountable for establishing information security policy and standards which, in several cases, will be administered within Enterprise Services. In addition, the department will provide co-ordination for vulnerability management, threat detection, incident response and reporting.
Working closely with both the Office of the CTO and Enterprise Services (and other IS Departments), the Security, Risk and Compliance department develops the security requirements, controls and designs to ensure that the University’s information and technical environments are secure, and risks are known understood and communicated.
The Security, Risk and Compliance department will translate the Universities risk appetite into actionable security plans to achieve targets set.
What you will be doing
- The design, tuning, operation and use of the University IS Security tools that provide defence, detection and response. This includes the monitoring of relevant threat feeds and intelligence sources and the ingestion of appropriate indicators into security tools where possible.
- Undertake IS Security related investigations as required by an authorized officer.
- In conjunction with other IS staff, co-ordinate and manage security incidents as delegated and ensure the identification of issues and escalation where appropriate.
- Facilitate the third-party vendor security assessments and tests, such as the execution of regular Penetration Tests.
- Translate technical vulnerabilities into business risk terminology for Faculties/Business Units and developing risk mitigation strategies and ensuring timely corrective actions where required.
- Take a risk-based approach to the design and implementation of pragmatic security controls for use across at La Trobe University to enable IS strategic directions and roadmaps.
- Actively contribute to the IS Security Strategy, Policy and Governance.
You are a go getter that enjoys a challenging & complex working environment. You will be a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills and experience engaging with various levels of an organisation.
- Significant subject matter knowledge and expertise across cybersecurity technologies (e.g., Threat Management / Vulnerability Management; Identity Management; Event Detection and Response)
- Experience using security incident and event management tools for hunting and investigating security incidents.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to Security Strategy and Governance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security concepts, scripting languages and/or technical solution design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network and web related protocols, (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols).
- Proven capability of managing IT Security incidents.
- Relevant certifications and/or qualifications eg. IT degree, CISSP, CISM, GCIH, GIAC etc
- Knowledge of ITIL, namely Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management.
Accountable, innovative, connected, caring
For over 50 years, La Trobe has been one of Australia's pioneering universities. We are now recognised as one of the world's leading universities, and our success is a direct result of our world-class research and teaching – and the talent and commitment of our people.
Our university culture is safe, inclusive, accountable and everyone is respected and supported to be their best. We are globally connected, we care about what we do and why we do it, and we drive innovation.
Join us at La Trobe, where today’s uncertainties are tomorrows possibilities.
- 17% Super!
- Staff development and training
- Employee assistance programs
- Access to discounted Health funds
- Salary packaging
- Onsite child care facilities at our beautiful Bundoora campus
- Flexible work arrangements
Sound Good? Here’s how to apply
Submit a cover letter, and an up to date copy of your resume. Good luck!
Applications close on the 1st of March
Position Description below:
50036485 Senior Cyber Security Lead.pdf
Position Enquires, David Hird, Senior Manager, Security, Risk and Compliance email@example.com
For more information about Information Services at La Trobe:
La Trobe IS information.pdf
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to obtain or currently hold a valid Working with Children Check.