PhD Research Scholarship - La Trobe University – The Bronwyn Schlotterlein PhD Scholarship
Work type:Fixed Term
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future PhD candidates
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
Please do not use the apply now button
This inaugural scholarship, established by La Trobe University in partnership with The Australian Ballet, will be awarded to an outstanding applicant who is interested in exploring the health of professional ballet dancers.
As an applicant you should have an interest in musculoskeletal health and dance medicine. Your project will investigate foot function in dancers and athletes.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,092.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2020 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- a Masters by research degree in a relevant discipline completed within the last ten years assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above;
- an Honours degree, Masters by coursework or ungraded Masters by research degree completed within the last ten years where you achieved a weighted average mark of 70 or above across any coursework subjects;
AND any of the following assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above:
- a research thesis of approximately 15,000-20,000 words; or
- the degree includes a written research component comprising at least 3/8 of one year; or
- you are the lead author of a peer-reviewed publication or other research published within the last ten years
How to apply
- Please do not use the apply now button
If you wish to apply for this scholarship, follow Step 3 on our research application page – please ensure you submit a full application for scholarship and candidature by 31 May 2020.
Please note: As part of your application you are not required to identify a potential supervisor – Dr Katia Ferrar is the designated supervisor for this project.
- In your application, clearly indicate that you wish to be considered for The Bronwyn Schlotterlein PhD Scholarship
The University will carefully review your application and consider you for this scholarship.
If you are shortlisted for the scholarship and candidature, you may be invited to an interview with representatives of La Trobe and Ballet Australia.
You will be advised of an outcome in July 2020.The successful candidate will be made an offer for candidature and scholarship.
Who to contact for further information
Dr Katia Ferrar, K.Ferrar@latrobe.edu.au