Senior Workplace Relations Consultant
- Opportunity for an experienced ER Specialist to join a value driven organisation
- Flexible working arrangements
- HEO9 position + 17% Superannuation
- Continuing role
About the role
The Workplace Relations Team provides strategic high-level advice, service and leadership on Human Resource matters relating to complex employment matters and advice on legislative and policy requirements in a comprehensive manner to a broad range of staff and management in relation to HR activities.
The Senior Workplace Relations Consultant is responsible for the advising, consulting, coaching and case management services on a range of employee and industrial relations issues to University management and HR division clients.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Delivering accurate and strategic operational workplace relations advice, consultancy & case management services to the HR Division and Senior management across the full spectrum of employee and industrial relations
- Managing grievance investigations and resolutions
- Identifying and delivering strategic advice and consultancy to senior management
- Coordinating communication and managing relationships with union or other external organisations regarding workplace issues/matters
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- A relevant degree with extensive experience in employee and industrial relations & human resources with a demonstrated track record in providing high level strategic consultancy, advice, coaching and guidance to senior managers in matters of employment law and workplace relations
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and leading the management in resolution of complex matters and mitigating risk;
- Demonstrated experience in project management, research and preparation of complex and detailed reports and briefing papers.
- Knowledge of contemporary human resource strategies and the legislative and industrial frameworks for employee and industrial relations
- Experience in implementing significant organisational change programs in complex environments will be highly advantageous
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and up to date CV
Closing date: 25th February 11.55 pm 2021
Position Enquiries: Peter Andreopoulos, P.Andreopoulos@latrobe.edu.au 03 9479 6305
Position Description below:
Senior Workplace Relations Consultant _ Position Description (3).docx
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.