- Full-time, Continuing position
- Based at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $77,999 - $84,155* plus 17% Superannuation
About the role
The Ethics Advisor (Human Ethics) is one of three advisors supporting the senior members of the Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety Team. The incumbent will provide first level advice for key research stakeholders on all matters pertaining to ethics, integrity and biosafety at La Trobe University. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for administration of the University Human Ethics Committee and will also have the capacity to take on administration of the other University ethics committees as required.
Your responsibilities will include;
- In consultation with the HREC Committee Chair and Low Risk Chairs, take primary responsibility for administration of University Human Research Ethics Committee and its Low-Risk Sub-Committees, including:
- Preparation of meeting agendas, papers, organising venues and dates of meetings, coordination of and administration relevant to Committee and Committee Members;
- Completing Compliance checking, pre-reviews and research governance;
- Coordination of review of ethics applications
- Minute taking at Committee meetings
- Provision of advice regarding relevant policy, legislation and guideline requirements for research with human subjects including clinical research.
- Provision of first line advice and triaging regarding relevant policy, legislation and guideline requirements for animal and biosafety research.
- Advising academic staff by interpreting policy and guidelines and by assisting them in the successful preparation and submission of ethics applications.
- Responsibility for administration of risk-based monitoring framework.
The full list of duties can be found in the position description.
To be successful in the role you will possess:
- Graduate degree, preferably with research experience and at least 2 years’ experience with human research ethics, integrity and/or biosafety and/or come from a quality insurance background.
- Willingness and ability to be part of a team of administrators covering all areas of integrity (including risk-based monitoring), ethics and biosafety to enable peak times across all Committees to be adequately resourced.
- Demonstrated breadth of experience in human research ethics policy/guideline development and implementation.
- Demonstrated secretariat skills and experience, including timely, efficient and effective minute-taking and record- keeping.
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 28th February 2021
Position Enquiries: Dr Heidi Gaulke, TEL: +61 3 9479 1443 Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD Ethics Advisor (Human Ethics) HEO6.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560633 under current vacancies.
* La Trobe University currently has a job protection framework in place whereby there is a salary reduction in place from the Collective Agreement. The amount shown in accurate as at the advertised date and will be subject for review at 30th June 2021
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.