- Based at Albury Wodogna
- Part-time (0.8 EFT by negotiation)
- Fixed Term until 30th June 2022
- $68,881 - $92,274 + Superannuation pro rata
The John Richards Centre (JRC) for Rural Ageing Research (www.latrobe.edu.au/jrc) seeks to develop and implement programs of research that makes a difference to the wellbeing of a diverse range of older people living in rural communities. The mission statement is to undertake research and knowledge exchange that is responsive, and adaptive to rural older people’s needs and changes of the environment.
About the role
In this role, the incumbent will assist JRC senior researchers to undertake qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation on current and future key projects including:
- SportAus Better Ageing Grants Program 2018 Loddon Mallee Move It (LMR Move IT)
- Western Victoria Primary Health Network (WVPHN) after hours co-design projects
- Rural health service and aged care research
Skills & Experience
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline and completion of a PhD by research in study relevant to discipline or professional area.
- Demonstrated experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods, program evaluation, human research ethics submission, the analysis and modelling of data, including the capacity to integrate data from a range of sources and of uneven quality.
- A record of contribution to peer review publications, conference papers and reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with older people and key stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated understanding or experience in rural and regional policies, priorities, and emerging issues pertinent to health and aged care services research for older people
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 18th April 2021
Position Enquiries: Dr Tshepo Rasekaba, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD Level A Research Officer,JRC.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560731 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.