- Full time position
- Based at La Trobe University Bundoora Campus
- $80,152 - $87,872* plus 17% Superannuation
- 3 year fixed term position
The ARC MedAg Hub comprises agricultural and biomedical researchers along with existing and new industry partners. In collaboration with industry, this multi-disciplinary research hub addresses cultivation, germplasm generation, novel extraction technologies and chemistries, through to the discovery and functional characterisation of novel lead compounds metabolites (cannabinoids and terpenes) and peptides.
About the role
The position primarily involves the development, implementation and oversight of the ARC MedAg Hub compliance requirements in relation to activities involving controlled or scheduled substances and materials in conjunction with the ARC MedAg Hub Directors and Senior Researchers, the University and School of Life Sciences compliance teams, and our industry partners. The role will be focused on ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Office of Drug Control Australian Department of Health (ODC) in relation to research on medicinal cannabis, the Victorian Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) in relation to research involving hemp and other controlled substances, and other State and Federal bodies relevant to the MedAg Hub research programs.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this role, the preferred candidate will have:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in science or a compliance related discipline or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, the development and implementation of regulatory and compliance requirements for Scheduled Substances.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing with an emphasis on the ability to evaluate, analyse and relay information succinctly in layman’s terms.
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday, 23 May 2021
Position Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD HEO7 Compliance Officer, ARC MedAg Hub.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Note that the person in the position must comply with the Australian Government Department of Health Office of Drug Control guideline standards for Fit and Proper Persons and Suitable Staff https://www.odc.gov.au/; AND undertake a current (within the last 12 months) national police check.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560822 under current vacancies.
* La Trobe University currently has a job protection framework in place whereby there is a salary reduction in place from the Collective Agreement. The amount shown in accurate as at the advertised date and will be subject for review at 30th June 2021
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.