PhD Scholarship - Farm-scale Natural Capital Accounting - biodiversity
Work type:Fixed Term
La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship
Enquiries and application process is available at La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship Farm-scale Natural Capital Accounting - biodiversity, Scholarships, La Trobe University
Per annum, for three and a half years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future PhD candidates
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
A full PhD scholarship is being offered to an outstanding candidate with a background in botany, landscape ecology and/or agricultural science to examine the distribution and diversity of native plants in farmland in south-eastern Australia. The successful applicant will join a team of researchers quantifying the importance of natural capital for biodiversity and ecosystem services at the farm-scale.
This project is part of a larger study examining farm-scale natural capital accounting on 50 farms. Natural capital accounting enables farmers to record and manage the natural capital on their farms. This project will explore the relationship between indicators that could be used in farm-scale natural capital accounts and field-based measures of native flora.
This Industry PhD Research Scholarship has been established by La Trobe University in partnership with Odonata Foundation. The PhD candidate will be based at La Trobe University (Bundoora) and will spend time on farms in Victoria, NSW and Tasmania, and working closely with our industry partner, Odonata Foundation, in promoting sustainable farming and unlocking the value of nature for agriculture.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,597 per annum, to support your living costs (2021 rate)
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- operating funds included (as part of larger project)
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
- opportunities to work as part of a larger project with exposure to network of professional organisations in the field of sustainable agriculture
For information on this scholarship and eligibility please refer to La Trobe University Industry Research Scholarship Farm-scale Natural Capital Accounting - biodiversity, Scholarships, La Trobe University and follow the instructions on how to apply.