- Full Time
- 12 month fixed term role
- Position based at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $68,881 - $92,724 + Superannuation
The Living with Disability Research Centre is a collaborative and multidisciplinary research centre based at La Trobe University. LIDS combines the expertise of social workers, speech pathologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, health economists and other professions to make a positive difference in the lives of people living with disabilities and their families.
About the role
The incumbent will be required to:
- Conduct and publish, or otherwise disseminate high quality and/or high impact research/scholarly activities under limited supervision either independently or as part of a team.
- Develop a limited amount of research related material for teaching or other purposes with appropriate guidance from more senior staff.
- Assist in obtaining research funding from external sources.
- Participate in professional activities including presentations at conferences and seminars in field of expertise
Skills & Experience
To be the successful candidate in this role, the preferred candidate will have:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline, and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area.
• Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
• A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
• Experience in the analysis and modelling of data, including the capacity to integrate data from a range of sources and of uneven quality.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 18th April 2021
Position Enquiries: Christine Bigby, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD Research Offficer LiDS.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560958 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.