- $63,928 - $71,235 + 17% Superannuation*
- Continuing role
- Based at the Bendigo campus
Regional Science Operations is responsible for providing technical support to all areas of operations of the College of Science, Health and Engineering across the four regional campuses of Bendigo, Albury-Wodonga, Shepparton and Mildura. Reporting to the Team Leader Regional Science Operations, this position will have responsibility for the provision of a range of technical services and advice to ensure the effective maintenance of the capability and operation of the research and teaching laboratories at the Bendigo campus
About the role
The Technical Officer will have key responsibility for the maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment and instrumentation across the Schools of SHE College at Bendigo. Additionally the successful applicant will provide technical support for the delivery of undergraduate laboratory sessions pertaining to the Bachelor of Engineering courses with Electronic Engineering being the predominant focus.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this position, the preferred candidate will have:
- Completion of an Engineering degree (preferably Electronic or Industrial) without subsequent relevant work experience;
- Understanding of Health and Safety regulations;
- Demonstrated analytical and technical problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 18th April 2021
Position Enquiries: Gerald Brennan, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD HEO5 Technical Officer,Engineering.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 560968 under current vacancies.
* La Trobe University currently has a job protection framework in place whereby there is a salary reduction in place from the Collective Agreement. The amount shown in accurate as at the advertised date and will be subject for review at 30th June 2021
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.