- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Regional (Bendigo) campus
- Level B or Level C (Depending on qualifications and experience)
- $98,510 - $137,724 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The La Trobe Rural Health School is the largest rural health school in Australia. LRHS is based at all four regional campuses of the University: Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton and Albury-Wodonga. The School has a wide range of health courses including dentistry, nursing, oral health, paramedics, public health, physiotherapy, social work, podiatry, speech pathology, exercise physiology, exercise science and occupational therapy.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Coordinate and teach clinical and preclinical subjects in dentistry and oral health
- Demonstrate effectiveness by taking an evidence-based approach to evaluate learning and teaching initiatives.
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to learning and teaching by contributing to La Trobe’s SOLT including sharing of good practice.
- Providing a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, pre-clinical and clinical sessions and/or other sessions in online, blended or face-to-face modes.
Skills and Experience
- Registration or eligibility to register with AHPRA as a dental practitioner.
- Demonstrated leadership and administration skills relevant to the La Trobe Dentistry program.
- Willingness and commitment to participating with professional and community activities relevant to dentistry.
- Higher degree in the field of health, dentistry or oral health.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Monday 1st November 2021
Position Enquiries: Prof Timothy Skinner, Email: T.Skinner@latrobe.edu.au
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD - Level B - Lecturer in Dentistry & Oral Health (TF).pdf
PD - Level C - Senior Lecturer in Dentistry and Oral Health.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.