- Full time, Fixed Term position (12 months)
- Bundoora (Melbourne) campus
- HEO 7: $85,724 - $94,302 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
This role will ensure a best practice approach to HR customer service and support by supervising a team of HR Assist Advisors and HR Administrators who manage services and provide support through our HR portal, helpdesk phone management, onboarding, and contract delivery for La Trobe University.
Other responsibilities will include: providing coaching, solutions and generalist HR advice to the University, drive performance and results, manage escalations, consult on a range of HR functions including but not limited to performance management, change management, contracts, and induction. Analyse key trends and offer proactive HR solutions as well as play a key role in organisational change process.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of multiple awards, Human Resource policies and procedures, legislative, regulatory, and statutory requirements, and the ability to provide advice on these matters.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience of a small HR administrative team with a focus on upskilling and developing your staff.
- A passion for process improvement and using data to make informed decisions.
- Strong stakeholder and communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to plan, organise and set priorities.
Please refer to the Position Description for further responsibilities.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Updated NEW HR Assist Team Leader.pdf
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 16th May 2021 AEST
Position Enquiries: Justin Bolton | Email: email@example.com
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- A cover letter (maximum 2 pages) which outlines your motivation for expressing interest and your strengths which align with the key selection criteria; and
- An up to date resume.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.