- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level B/Level C - $98,510 - $137,724 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About the position
The Department of Management, Sport and tourism is one of three departments in La Trobe Business School. Combining high quality research, teaching and business and community engagement.
In this position you will provide leadership in related undergraduate and postgraduate course offerings and actively lead and be responsible for developing innovative curriculum to contribute to the success of courses, coordinating subjects and teaching in the area of Human Resource Management (broadly defined). You will contribute to LaTrobe’s Scholarship of Teaching and disciplinary teaching pedagogy, conduct, and lead high impact research, produce conference and seminar papers, and supervise Higher Degree by Research (HDR), honours and postgraduate students.
The position is located at Melbourne, but teaching may also be required at other campuses of the University or offshore.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Completion of a PhD in Human Resource Management (or cognate area).
- Completion of a Graduate Certificate in Higher Education or similar evidence of professional preparation for and continuous professional development in higher education teaching.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching in Human Resource Management with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program/research group or similar level.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated expertise in quantitative data analysis techniques.
- Proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development.
- Record of successful research publication, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
- Ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Evidence of capacity to make effective contributions to management and administration at the Department and School level.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Friday 5th November by 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Nicola McNeil, Tel: 03 9479 1471, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment Team: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Level B - Lecturer Human Resource Management
PD-Level C-Lecturer Human Resources Management
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.