- Fixed-Term, 3 Years
- Located at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus or any other Victorian Regional campuses
- Attractive Salary Package + 17% superannuation
About the position
The Director Technology Platforms & Development within Information Services (IS) provides leadership and is responsible for IS based business services delivering outcomes to the University. The portfolio is responsible for implementing, developing, and maintaining technology platforms and applications, their ecosystems, inclusive the modern data platform and integration services, maximising automation and data use across the La Trobe technology landscape.
The position is a member of the IS Executive team and will play a key role in maximising and evolving the IT operating model and driving new ways of working.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Demonstrated ability to work with complexity and ambiguity, show tenacity and resilience in striving for goals and seeking creative, innovative and sustainable long term solutions to achieve the University's Strategic Plan.
- Exemplary leadership to communicate the University's vision and strategic direction, establish a performance-orientated culture and drive accountability.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, tact and discretion; a capacity to negotiate outcomes with stakeholders and achieve results in an environment characterised by competing expectations and views; given the diverse context in which the University operates, ability to readily adapt communication approaches with changing audiences.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 19th December 2021
Position Enquiries: Stuart Hildyard via email S.Hildyard@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD ESMC - Director, Technology Platforms & Development.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position;
- An up to date resume; and
- Video Assessment – a link will be provided to your nominated email address within 24 hours of submitting your application
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.