- Full-time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level C - $119,899 - $137,724 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
The objectives of this recruitment are firstly to boost the Department’s research and teaching capacity in finance, and secondly to enhance the Department’s expertise in the application of technology to deliver banking and financial services.
This combination would best support the development and delivery of banking and fintech specialisations in our courses. In the absence of candidates with the desired combination of technology or computer programming skills and banking and financial services skills, candidates solely with banking or financial services skills and experience would be considered.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide leadership at course/program/research group or similar level.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
- Ability to encourage intellectual development and career aspirations of students.
- Record of successful research student supervision relative to opportunity.
- Strong record of research publication, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
- Demonstrated record of achievement as a leading practitioner with a reputation for skills, knowledge and expertise at a state/national level.
- Success in obtaining research funding from grants/contracts/consultancies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team in a co-operative and collegial manner.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in liaising with external organizations/agencies and/or the general public.
- Proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11pm Thursday 16th December 2021
Position Enquiries: Greg Jamieson via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD - Level C - Senior Lecturer FinTech.pdf
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite;
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.