Technical Officer - Chemistry
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $81,761 - $91,566 per annum (Inclusive 17% superannuation)
- Full Time Continuing
About the position
This position is required to work as part of a technical team within the School, primarily supporting the Chemistry teaching laboratories and will have responsibility for the provision of a range of technical services and advice to ensure the effective maintenance of the capability and operation of these teaching laboratories. It may also provide more general technical support to the wider school.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will
- A Chemistry degree or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of scientific teaching and/or research equipment/facilities, with respect to operations, maintenance and problem solving.
- High level planning and organising skills.
- Well-developed analytical and technical problem solving capability.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills to enable effective communication and consultation with a wide range and level of customers.
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of the position
- Proficiency in computer software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 9 December 2021
Position Enquiries: Sui Lay via email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
562068 PD - Technical Officer - Chemistry.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
- Video Assessment – a link will be provided to your nominated email address within 24 hours of submitting your application
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.