- Full time, continuing position
- Based at Bundoora, Melbourne campus
- $103,532 - $113,892 inclusive of17% superannuation
About the position
The Prevention of Violence Educator aims to foster a safe, inclusive, and respectful University and Residential culture through education, training and engagement initiatives. The incumbent will be proactive in setting a positive and respectful campus culture by using community organising and development approaches. They also will be responsible for implementing educative outcomes in student conduct matters, drawing on respectful relationships, mediation, conflict resolution and restorative justice frameworks.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A degree with at least 4 years subsequent relevant experience to consolidate and extend the theories and principles learned; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and or experience.
- Completion of a degree in community development, health promotions, gender studies or education with subsequent relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated contemporary knowledge in the prevention of interpersonal violence, gender-based violence, and sexual harm, discrimination, bullying, and respectful relationship.
- Demonstrated organisation and problem-solving skills, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience with research, evaluation, or interpretation of data.
- Demonstrated ability to form a detailed knowledge of academic and administrative policies.
- Ability to develop innovative methodologies or take a leading role in the application of proven techniques.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and develop, deliver, and evaluate programs and education initiatives.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11.55pm Wednesday 8th December 2021
Position Enquiries: Leah du Plooy via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD - HEO7 - Prevention of Violence Educator.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.