Violence Prevention Specialist
- Full-time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- HEO7 - $88,489 - $97,344 + 17% Superannuation
The Senior Coordinator, Violence Prevention, aims to eliminate and prevent sexual harm (sexual assault and sexual harassment), interpersonal violence, bullying, discrimination and harassment through education and training and the development of a suite of prevention programs.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will
- Completion of a degree in either community development, health promotions, gender studies, sociology, social work, psychology, forensic mental health or education with at least four years of subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability in the development and delivery of education and training programs.
- Contemporary knowledge and attitude towards sexual harm, violence, stalking and problem behaviours
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
La trobe is an equal opportunity employer, please apply if you are a part of the LGBTQIA+ community, of different genders, culturally and linguistically diverse. La Trobe welcomes a diverse working environment.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 30 January 2022 @ 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Ryan Hsu via email R.Hsu@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD HEO7 - Senior Coordinator Violence Prevention.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume;
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description; and
- Video Assessment – a link will be provided to your nominated email address within 24 hours of submitting your application
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.