- Full time
- Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) or any other Regional Victorian campuses
- Attractive Remuneration Package
The purpose of the Facilitator, Cultural Capability (Indigenous) is to provide employee training and guidance to strengthen culturally responsive and effective practices for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The position will play an integral role in the strengthening of the institution’s cultural competence.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Develops proposals or recommendations and provides advice to staff at higher levels on program objectives, organisational structures and budget expenditure.
- Develops and/or improves the capability of staff within work area, motivating and mentoring them to better meet the current and future requirements of the faculty/division/department/work unit.
- Provides consultancy advice to others. May be recognised within or outside a Faculty or equivalent as the expert in a specialised area of theoretical, policy or technical complexity.
- Independently monitors, reviews and develops procedures in own functional area.
Skills and Experience
- Respectful and deep knowledge of the local First Nations and Indigenous communities.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural safety: an ongoing process of actively working to make services and systems safer and more equitable for Indigenous people.
- Three to five years related experience in facilitating Cultural Competency Training.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 28th August 2022
HR/Recruitment Enquiries; Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD - HEO7 - Facilitator Cultural Capability (Indigenous).pdf
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only, as La Trobe University considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for the position under the 'special measures' of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter; and
- An up to date resume;
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.