- Full Time, Continuing
- Located at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $88,489 - $93,696 + 17% superannuation
About the position
The Student Conduct Officer provides advice and support to both staff and students about expected behaviours at La Trobe University. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Conduct and Investigations, the Student Conduct Officer will be responsible for the intake and referral of behavioural concerns, undertaking risk assessments and mitigation, and advising staff and students about university support, investigation, and local level resolution processes related to student behaviours of concern.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- An undergraduate degree in Law, or other relevant degree; and experience in managing conduct concerns, complaints or investigations within a regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of relevant policy and legislative requirements within the University sector, and the legal principles that support effective case management, behavioural support and formal investigation processes; or the ability to attain this knowledge and demonstrated experience in working within legislation and policy within a regulatory environment
- Understanding of the principles of procedural fairness, equal opportunity, privacy, occupational health and safety, and their application to conduct and other administrative investigations.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday 23 January 2022 @ 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Adam Boyce vai email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD HEO7 - Student Conduct Officer.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.