- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Regional (Bendigo) campus
- Level D or Level E (Depending on qualifications and experience)
- $143,667 - $184,077 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The La Trobe Rural Health School is the largest rural health school in Australia. LRHS is based at all four regional campuses of the University: Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton and Albury-Wodonga. The School has a wide range of health courses including dentistry, nursing, oral health, paramedics, public health, physiotherapy, social work, podiatry, speech pathology, exercise physiology, exercise science and occupational therapy.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Leading all UDRH activities designed to meet the outcomes of RHMT funding.
- Leading work with communities across a wide geographic region to establish high quality service learning programs and relevant, outcome-focused high-quality research
- Leading innovative course level curriculum design, development and review which reflects best practice nationally and internationally, utilising various methodologies including online and blended learning.
- Take a leading role in the professional field, nationally and internationally.
- Conducting research of the highest quality and/or impact.
Skills and Experience
- PhD or equivalent accreditation recognised by the University/profession.
- Proven commitment to the highest quality teaching in related discipline or professional fields, including evidence of leadership in teaching and curriculum development at postgraduate levels.
- Demonstrated ability to attract honors/postgraduate research students and supervise to successful completion.
- Distinguished record of nationally and/or internationally recognised research, with evidence of the highest quality and/or impact. Where relevant evidence of citations and journal rankings should be given.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Thursday 18th November 2021
Position Enquiries: Prof Jane Mills, Tel: 03 5444 7974, Email: Jane.Mills@latrobe.edu.au
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD - Level D - Associate Professor in Dentistry.pdf
PD - Level E - Professor in Dentistry.pdf
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.