- Full-time, Fixed Term contract until 2024
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- Attractive remuneration package commensurate of experience
The Director, Enterprise Development will identify and support enterprise-wide strategic development opportunities and industry partnerships that generate impact and growth for La Trobe University. Working collaboratively with leadership across the Portfolios, Colleges and Schools the Director has responsibility to drive the development of these opportunities to achieve financial and strategic growth objectives. The Director will manage and provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to the Enterprise Development team responsible for supporting strategic partnerships, coordinating proposal development, tender and bid submission with agility, efficiency and a high degree of professionalism.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Develop a strong understanding of capabilities and priorities across La Trobe and aligning the Enterprise Development Team work collaboratively with colleagues across Portfolios, Provost & Schools to identify, drive and support major industry engagement opportunities and strategic partnerships to deliver on strategic and financial objectives
- Lead the development and conversion of significant industry opportunities to attract industry partners and investment in opportunities of significance for La Trobe to support research, education and innovation objectives
- Operate effectively in an environment of ongoing change and uncertainty and maintain flexibility. Actively ensure stakeholders are kept informed during times of change.
- Integrate professional expertise into the organisation from key stakeholders to improve overall performance and delivery of business unit outcomes.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and relevant experience in business development and strategic partnership management in a university, higher education institution or related large organisation, with a relevant tertiary and/or post graduate degree
- Demonstrated ability to work with complexity and ambiguity, show tenacity and resilience in striving for goals and in seeking creative, innovative and sustainable long-term solutions to achieve the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Exemplary leadership ability to communicate the University’s vision and strategic direction, establish a performance orientated culture and drive accountability.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, tact and discretion; a capacity to negotiate outcomes with stakeholders and achieve results in an environment that is characterised by competing expectations and views; given the diverse context in which the University operates, ability to readily adapt communication approaches with changing audiences.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11:55pm Sunday 7th November 2021
Position Enquiries: Megan Fisher – Pro Vice-Chancellor Industry Engagement, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD Director Enterprise Development.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.