- Part-time at 0.6FTE or 3 days per week
- Fixed Term contract for 12 months
- Located in Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $69,882 - $78,262 Pro Rata per annum + up to 17% superannuation
Applicants who are LGBTIQ, living with a disability, and are from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities or multi-cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The position holder works collaboratively and across all areas of the Centre as required to ensure the effective operation of all functions of ARCSHS. In this role, the position holder responds to routine enquiries, referring more complex matters to the Senior Operations Coordinator. The position holder may also work with other administrative services and teams within the School, College and University to deliver on projects and functions, and in that context taking direction from the School Manager and the College General Manager as required.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Work effectively and collaboratively with all members of the Administration and Operations team to ensure all operational requirements of the Centre are met and are achieved to a high standard.
- Utilise documented procedures, timelines and policies to ensure consistent high-quality administration and service delivery to support the operations of the Centre.
- Provide a consistently high level of service to ARCSHS staff, students and stakeholders, proactively assisting with enquiries and helping to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility.
Skills and Experience
- A Tertiary degree with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent alternative combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability in working within a team that provides a high-quality administrative service.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise documented procedures, policies and timelines to ensure consistent high-quality administration and service delivery.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Thursday 28th October By 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Elise Akbacak, Tel: 03 9479 8709, Email: email@example.com
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD - HEO5 - Administrative Support Officer.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.