- Full time, continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $64,566 - $68,310 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport comprises the Department of Occupational Therapy and Social Work and Social Policy; Department of Speech, Audiology and Orthoptic; Department of Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Prosthetics and Orthotics: and the Department of Dietetics, Human Nutrition and Sport.
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Provide technical support to teaching laboratories and clinic treatment areas.
- Undertake sterilisation procedures within the on-site health clinics autoclave room to ensure continuous supply of sterilised packs of instruments and equipment for clinic operations and student learning in accordance with industry and Australian standards.
- Organise regular maintenance and calibration of autoclaves, instruments and equipment as required to adhere to Australian and recommended Industry standards.
- Provides factual advice which requires proficiency in the work area's rules and regulations, procedures requiring expertise in a specialist area or broad knowledge of a range of personnel and functions.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Diploma level qualification with relevant work -related experience; or completion of a Certificate IV with relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience or on the job training.
- Knowledge, understanding or relevant work experience in sterilisation of reusable medical devices in health service using ASNZS 4187:2014 guidelines.
- Experience or understanding of Australian Infection Control standards for health practices.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Tuesday 26th October 2021
Position Enquiries: Kim Holmes, Tel: 03 9479 3364, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries; Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD - HEO4 - Technical Officer .pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.