- Part-time (0.8FTE),
- Fixed-term (3 years)
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- HEO4 - $64,566 - $68,310 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
The Judith Lumley Centre is a multidisciplinary research centre in the School of Nursing and Midwifery. Established in 1991, the Centre has built a strong and successful program of research addressing issues of major public health importance for mothers, parents and their infants. Our work explores emerging trends and critical global issues in the areas of sexual and reproductive health, the transition to contemporary parenthood, maternity care and family services in the early years, breastfeeding and preventing and reducing violence against women and children. The Centre has an outstanding reputation for its research innovation, provision of a quality postgraduate experience, contribution to society and strong relationships with industry partners.
Reporting to the JLC Director, this position will provide general administrative services to support the operations of the Judith Lumley Centre. The incumbent will work closely with the Director and senior staff in the Centre to ensure the provision of high quality administrative and stakeholder support services to assist in the effective and efficient administration of the Centre.
The incumbent will be based within the Judith Lumley Centre to support operations within the Centre, its staff and postgraduate students, visiting fellows and the role of the Director.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Completion of a Diploma level qualification at least with relevant university work-related experience; or completion of a Certificate IV with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality administrative assistance to senior positions as well as the proven ability to draft correspondence and provide proficient support to Committees.
- An excellent understanding and demonstrated experience in client services including high level interpersonal skills and the ability to respond to people positively, confidently and with respect.
- Quality, appropriateness and timeliness of advice in response to enquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret and recommend application of relevant policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a busy environment. This includes confidentiality, versatility, and flexibility, enthusiasm with strong level of self-motivation and initiative with demonstrated ability to work as a co-operative, supportive and positive member of a team supporting continuous improvement.
- Computer literacy in systems, including Word, Excel, Outlook, SisOne, Business Objects or similar client information systems is necessary. Knowledge and skills with website and social media management would be an advantage, but a willingness to learn would also be an asset.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday 26th January 2022 @ 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Jan Nicholson via email, email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD - HEO4 - Administration Officer.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position based on information outlined in the PD;
- An up to date resume
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.