- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $88,889 - $104,427 pro rata
- Teaching Focussed
- 0.8FTE or 4 days per week
- Maternity Leave replacement until 30th June 2022
The Prosthetics and Orthotics Discipline is responsible for a number of courses including: Bachelor or Applied Science and Master of Clinical Prosthetics and Orthotics (double degree) and the Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (Honours) .
About the position
This position will contribute to the teaching within the Prosthetics and Orthotics courses at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus; primarily the design, coordination and delivery of the prosthetics curriculum related to transtibial, transfemoral and/or upper extremity amputation. The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute to the administrative functions of the discipline.
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics and significant clinical experience demonstrating ability to provide high quality, contemporary, prosthetic services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in teaching and curriculum review/development in a variety of modes. You will have the ability to guide and mentor students for their educational success and embrace innovation to positively influence student’s learning capability.
- Membership of the Australian Orthotic and Prosthetic Association is desirable.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Thursday 9th December 2021
Position Enquiries: Anthony Francis, Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD_Lecturer_Prosthetics and Orthotics.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.