Intake Program Coordinator
- Part-time (0.6FTE), Fixed-term (3 years)
- Located at The Bouverie Centre (Brunswick)
- HEO7 - $88,489 - $97,344 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
The Bouverie Centre (Bouverie) is a values-based Practice-Research Centre of La Trobe University, within the School of Psychology and Public Health. Bouverie is also funded by the Department of Health (DH) as a clinical demonstration centre, providing services to families where a member suffers a mental illness or alcohol and drug issues, and statewide training to the mental health workforce.
The Intake Program Coordinator provides the essential first clinical contact with family members seeking therapy at the Bouverie Centre, conducts a detailed assessment regarding suitability for our clinical research services and where families are not offered an appointment provides up to date and relevant referral information. The Intake Program Coordinator maintains a client database and provides Family Therapists with essential client family information as well as supporting and training Administration Team members in their direct role with clients/families.
The Intake Coordinator assists with recruitment of families into Bouverie’s Clinical Research Studies, the student clinical program, liaises across our practice-research teams, and collects, collates, and presents data and information about the work of the Intake Program.
The Intake Coordinator, with the support of the research team, provides basic statistics about the demographics of Bouverie client families.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A degree in appropriate health or welfare field, which includes some form of counselling
- Knowledge of family therapy/systemic approaches and the ability to carry out a ‘systemic’ interview with individuals who are wanting to bring their family for therapy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and some experience with telephone counselling
- Some knowledge of and experience dealing with referring agencies within the health and welfare system
- A high level of organisational ability, proficient computer skills, some experience with client data base management and contributing to evaluation and research activities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and to support Administrative staff with client related matters
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Tuesday 1 February 2022 at 11:55 PM AEST
Position Enquiries: Julie Beauchamp, Email: J.Beauchamp@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Position Description below:
562802 PD - Intake Program Co-ordinator.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.