- Full-time continuing
- We welcome job share applications
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- HEO7 - $ $88,489 - $97,344 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
Located within the Health and Wellbeing Centre, the Financial Counsellors supports La Trobe University students and works closely with other services in a holistic approach to promoting and enhancing student health and wellbeing. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Strategy, Prevention and Education.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- A Diploma in Community Services (Financial Counselling), a full member of Financial Counselling Victoria Inc. (FCVic), and preferably an undergraduate degree in any area relevant to the position with at least 4 years subsequent experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
- Excellent assessment skills in establishing client needs and concerns and the ability to develop case management plans.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Tuesday 26th January 2022 @ 11:55pm.
Position Enquiries: Ryan Hsu via email; R.Hsu@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD HEO7 - Financial Counsellor.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position based on information outlined in the PD; and
- An up to date resume.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.