Senior Co-ordinator Research Ethics and Biosafety
- Full-Time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne, Bundoora Campus
- [HEO8] - $99,120 - $113,347 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
The Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety Team of the Research Office at La Trobe University provides holistic ethics, integrity and biosafety advice, support and service to researchers and to Committees to facilitate the ambitious University research performance targets and aligns with the core objective for “Research Excellence” in the La Trobe Strategic Plan.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- A postgraduate degree, research experience and at least 5 years animal ethics and integrity experience, preferably with biosafety knowledge and experience and/or equivalent animal ethics, biosafety and research integrity experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislation and regulatory requirements for animal research ethics and integrity and experience in liaising with internal and external agencies with regard to reporting, monitoring and auditing requirements.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Thursday 3 February 2022 at 11:55 PM AEST
Position Enquiries: Lina Laskos via email; L.Yiannoudes@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
562860 PD - Senior Co-ordinator Research Ethics and Biosafety.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.