Research Ethics and Biosafety Advisor
- Full - Time, Continuing
- Multiple positions available
- Located at Melbourne, Bundoora Campus
- [HEO6] - $80,515 - $86,870 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
The Research Ethics and Biosafety Advisor is one of three advisors supporting the senior members of the Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety Team. The incumbent will provide first level advice for key research stakeholders on all matters pertaining to ethics, integrity and biosafety at La Trobe University. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for administration of the University Human Ethics Committee and will also have the capacity to take on administration of the other University ethics committees as required.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Graduate degree, preferably with research experience and at least 2 years’ experience with human research ethics, integrity and/or biosafety.
- Willingness and ability to be part of a team of administrators covering all areas of integrity, ethics and biosafety to enable peak times across all Committees to be adequately resourced.
- Demonstrated breadth of experience in human research ethics policy/guideline development and implementation.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Thursday 3 February 2022 at 11:55 PM AEST
Position Enquiries: Lina Laskos via email; L.Yiannoudes@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
562879 PD Research Ethics and Biosafety Advisor.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
In order to work onsite in higher education, TAFE, training and adult education settings, the Victorian Government requires workers to provide evidence to their employers that they are fully vaccinated with two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.