- Full-time, Part-time and Casual opportunities
- Located at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus or any other Victorian Regional campuses
- HEO5 - TRP $81,761 - $91,566 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
Join our Partnerships Operations team co-ordinating work based learning opportunities in a range of fields in health and education. As a Placement Officer you will work with a friendly and supportive team, liaising with students, academic staff and placement agencies.
- We offer flexible working hours and hybrid work from home/office arrangements.
- Full and part-time work opportunities are available.
- Growth area with potential opportunities for continuation and advancement.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of an advanced diploma qualification and at least one year’s subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of a diploma qualification and at least two years’ subsequent relevant work experience; or completion of a Certificate IV and extensive relevant work experience; or completion of a post-trades certificate and extensive (typically more than two years’) relevant experience as a technician; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to gain a conceptual understanding of relevant policies, procedures or systems and interpretation in the application of policy and/or precedent.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, follow established procedures with limited supervision and contribute positively to an effective team.
- High level proficiency in computer software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the use of the internet as a research tool.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated customer service focus and solution orientated approach.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11:55pm Sunday, 2nd October 2022, Applications will be reviewed as received.
Position Enquiries: Josh Apeltauer, J.Apeltauer@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Placement Officer - Partnership Operations.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.