- Part time (0.6FTE), Fixed term (3 years)
- Located at our Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- (HE05) – TRP $81,762 - $91,566 inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
SAEF (Securing Antarctica’s Environmental Future) is an Australian Research Council Special Research Initiative to strengthen Antarctic science, policy and governance at a time of rapid environmental and geopolitical change - https://arcsaef.com/.
Primary responsibilities will include assistance with primary research, research communication, research project administration and research group management. This may cover tasks such as literature reviews, data management, analysis, and figure production, working predominantly with biodiversity data. Other responsibilities could include general research group support, such as social media management, website content production, purchasing, logistics and organisation.
Skills and Experience
Suitable candidates will have an environmental or ecological background, research experience and skills in collating, managing, and analysing biodiversity and environmental data from a range of sources. They will be proficient in the use of R and have excellent verbal, written communication, and people skills. One or more of the following will be an advantage: familiarity with biodiversity data and biodiversity informatics, nomenclature and systematics, data science, spatial analysis.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
This position is only open to applicants with Full working rights in Australia.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: Tuesday 7th of June by 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Melodie McGeoch; M.McGeoch@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD – Research Assistant.pdf
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter; and
- An up to date resume
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.