- Full time
- Fixed Term from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023.
- Teaching and Research Position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- Level B - TRP $115,256 - $136,108 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
Duties at this level may include:
- Develop, coordinate and teach a high-quality learning experience that engages students through a combination of online learning face-to-face tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, clinical sessions and/or studio sessions.
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to learning and teaching and contribute to disciplinary teaching pedagogy and research.
- Keep abreast of innovations in teaching and learning in areas such as, but not restricted to, online and blended delivery and incorporate where appropriate.
- PhD in archaeology or a closely related discipline.
- Experience of effective teaching in a university environment.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity .
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 11pm Monday 13th June 2022
Position Enquiries: Katherine Ellinghaus, email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
PD-BAU-Level-B-Teaching-and-Research - Archaeology.pdf
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- A separate document addressing “Skills and Experience” bullet points in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description; and
- An up to date resume.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.