- Part time (0.6), Fixed term (July 2022 to December 2023)
- Located at Bundoora Campus
- [Level B] – TRP $98,510 - $ 116,332 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
A Level B Linguistics academic with a teaching focussed appointment will work without the need for close supervision and is expected to develop curriculum, coordinate subjects, teach and support students as they learn. In addition, a teaching focussed academic will support the administrative functions of the discipline as well as undertake scholarly work relevant to the development of learning and teaching in their discipline or professional field. A teaching focussed academic is expected to demonstrate teaching excellence in keeping with the La Trobe Teaching Excellence Principles and maintain a track record of excellence as evidenced by Student Feedback on Teaching (SFT) surveys, peer-feedback on teaching and through other evidence-based measures. Further, a level B teaching focussed academic will co-ordinate and/or lead the activities of other staff including subject tutors, as appropriate to learning and teaching in the discipline.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- PhD degree as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively, collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience, and the evaluation of effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and produce work related to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- Ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
- Ability to engage with and produce work related to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: 11pm 23rd May 2022
Position Enquiries: Tonya Stebbins, T.Stebbins@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD- Level B - Lecturer, Linguistics.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position based on information outlined in the PD;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.