- Full time, Fixed term (12 months from commencement)
- Location Independent - Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus or any of our regional Victorian campuses
- (HE08) – TRP $115,970 - $132,616 inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
The primary purpose of this position is to capture business needs and initiatives in the Deputy Vice Chancellor Students portfolio. This will be achieved by ensuring business requirements are correctly captured and effective engaged with the relevant business areas to achieve successful business change and outcomes.
Your other responsibilities will include, identifying trends, strengths, opportunities, and weaknesses in specialist areas of responsibility. Propose and implement changes to work processes, provide advice to staff at higher levels on program objectives, organisational structure and budget expenditure as well manage the production of documentation to provide business support for system users across the University.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A degree with substantial extension of the theories and principles, learned through experience, or a range of management experience, or postgraduate qualifications.
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge or Management or policy expertise to bring together diverse and sometimes conflicting information to solve problems.
- Ability to develop innovative methodologies or take a leading role in the application of proven techniques involving considerable theoretical and technical sophistication.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess business requirements and undertake the analysis needed to design complete and effective solutions based on business needs.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in the disciplines, principles and methodologies associated with the end-to-end software development lifecycle (SDLC), with particular emphasis on business analysis and change management initiatives and business change and implementation.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday 22nd May 2022 by 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Melissa Stevens; M.Stevens@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Business Analyst Student Experience.pdf
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position based on information outlined in the PD; and
- An up to date resume
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.