- Part time (0.8), Fixed term (13 June 2022 to 30 June 2023)
- Located at Bundoora Campus
- [Level B] – TRP $98,510 - $ 116,332 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
A Level B teaching academic is expected to develop curriculum, teach and undertake other scholarly work relevant to their discipline or professional field. This position involves contributing to the teaching and research in English and/or Creative Writing. This position covers a maternity leave.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to coordinate and teach at least two of the following three subjects:
- Editing and Publishing (CPW3EAP)
- Poetics, Aesthetics and Performativity (ENG4POE)
- Shakespeare and His Contemporaries (ENG3SAC)
They will have a relevant research, publications and a supervision/mentoring track record.
Should the successful candidate be able to cover only two subjects, they will be expected to take on teaching in other subjects depending on their area of expertise and/or take on more Honours/HDR supervisions to make up the full workload of the role.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- PhD degree as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively, collaboratively and productively with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience, and the evaluation of effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and produce work related to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
- Ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
- Demonstrated postgraduate supervision or mentoring experience.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: 11pm Monday 23rd May 2022
Position Enquiries: Tonya Stebbins, T.Stebbins@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD- Level B - Lecturer in English and Creative Writing (Teaching Focussed).pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position based on information outlined in the PD;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.