About the position
This position presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a School that has an outstanding reputation for teaching and research excellence, for research translation and for building strong relationships with industry partners.
The successful candidate will contribute to curriculum development in banking and finance, coordinate banking and finance subjects at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and be expected to foster excellence in teaching and learning and play a key role in assuring the quality of the academic programs and facilitating student success within the School. Joining a finance team highly ranked in ERA rankings, the successful candidate will also undertake high impact finance research published in ABDC A* and A ranked journals, generate external research income and facilitate links between the School and industry.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have an excellent record in curriculum development and teaching at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels in banking and finance, completed research published in ABDC A* and A ranked journals, possess exceptional leadership abilities, academic administration experience and understand the needs of a diverse range of students. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially are key requirements of this role.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the La Trobe Business School
La Trobe Business School is a leading Australian Business School committed to enhancing business learning through education and research, which is innovative, responsible, and engaged.
- AACSB Accredited, MBA ranked in top 100 globally and accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- Ranked 4th in the world and 3rd in Australia for overall contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals by Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021.
- Ranked in top 400 universities globally by QS World University Rankings 2022 and the ARWU 2021.
- Our graduates are highly regarded by industry - ranked second in Victoria for employer satisfaction with our graduates (QILT Employer Satisfaction Survey 2021).
- We deliver business and management programs accredited by professional quality assurance agencies including the Australian Computer Society, the Australian Human Resources Institute, the Australian Marketing Institute, the CPA and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- We provide flexible, future-focused courses and innovative learning spaces built for collaboration in learning and teaching.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm 10 June 2022
Professor Aron O’Cass, Dean, La Trobe Business School
Email: email@example.com Phone 03 947 62851
Greg Jamieson Head of Department, Accounting, Data Analytics, Economics and Finance, La Trobe Business School, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 03 94791514
Melissa Magaton email@example.com
Position Description below:
Level-B-Teaching-and-Research-50134179, Lecturer, Finance (1).docx
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.