- Full time, Fixed term (2 years)
- Located at our Albury-Wodonga campus
- [Level B] - $98,510- $116,332 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
We require an environmental scientist (environment chemist, biogeochemist or ecotoxicologist) to join our team (biogeochemistry/ecotoxicology group) in the Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems at La Trobe University, based in Albury-Wodonga. The candidate should have experience in analysis of environmental samples using a range of laboratory techniques, including LC-MS/MS, GF-AAS, ion chromatography, TOC analysis, flow cytometry and fluorescence/absorbance spectroscopies. The ideal person would be comfortable conducting laboratory experiments as well as field work in aquatic systems, some of which may be in remote locations and/or for extended periods. Experience with use of R code for data analysis and multi-variate statistics would be highly advantageous.
Skills and Experience and Qualification;
- Conduct high quality research/scholarly activities under limited supervision either independently or as part of a team.
- Participate in professional activities including publishing peer-reviews articles, and presentations at conferences and seminars in field of expertise.
- Provide advice within the field of the employee's research to Honours and postgraduate students
- Contribute to and uphold a robust and ambitious research culture.
- Completion of a PhD in the relevant discipline
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Experience in the data analysis, especially use of R to generate statistical outputs and high quality figures for publication.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome Video - Victorian Regional campuses – See link below;
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday 5th June 2022 by 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Nicholas Bond; N.Bond@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.