- Full Time, Continuing position
- Hybrid & Flexible working arrangements offered
- Attractive remuneration, 17% super, and leave loading
- Located at our Melbourne, Bundoora campus
About the position
This position is required to work as part of a technical team which supports teaching and research activities. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Facilities and Technical Services, this position will have responsibility for day-to-day management of the facilities and technical support services of the Science disciplines, to ensure that the teaching and research needs of the disciplines and research groups are met efficiently and effectively.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- A degree with substantial extension of the theories and principles, learned through experience, or a range of management experience, or postgraduate qualifications, or progress towards postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills with experience in managing and leading staff to promote a cohesive and effective team and managing workflows.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve stated outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
- Proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development.
- Demonstrated experience in a scientific laboratory management role.
- Familiarity with a wide range of scientific equipment and laboratory infrastructure, its use, maintenance and management.
- Sound understanding of Health & Safety regulations and procedures.
- Proficiency in computer software packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
Capabilities required to be successful in the position
- Knowledge of own strengths, weaknesses and biases – modifying behaviour, based on self-reflection and feedback, to respond to others with empathy and act on feedback to improve knowledge, skills and behaviour.
- Ability to work collaboratively, demonstrate inclusivity and tailor communication in a way that is meaningful to the audience – consistently modelling accountability, connectedness, innovation and care.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking, ability to generate ideas to solve local problems and recommend improvements to current work practices.
- Ability to cultivate and create space for creativity and innovation, enabling staff members to solve local problems and identify improvements to current work practices.
Essential Compliance Requirements
To hold this La Trobe University position the occupant must:
hold, or be willing to undertake and pass, a Victorian Working With Children Check; AND
- take personal accountability to comply with all University policies, procedures and legislative or regulatory obligations; including but not limited to TEQSA and the Higher Education Threshold Standards.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On-site childcare facilities
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, Sunday 10th July 2022.
Position Enquiries: Paul Spizzirri, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Senior Coordinator, Science.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- A separate document addressing “Skills and Experience” bullet points in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description; and
- An up-to-date resume.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.