- Full time, Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) – flexible working conditions
- Total Remuneration up to $142K (inclusive of super) – based on experience
About the position
This position will provide management and leadership of a HR Systems function to support our university HR systems and employee data. This role is accountable for the HR systems optimum performance.
The role is accountable for the leadership and development of a small team of 3 HR system specialists that support the wider HR teams in administering the HR Systems. It will require a hands-on approach to embed strong systems knowledge and maintenance principles into the team to ensure solid levels of system knowledge is retained in the team and wider HR team experience the key HR Systems supported are:
- SAP HCM (Payroll System)
- Successfactors Employee Central (Master data system)
- Workforce Software (Timesheet & Interpretation tool)
Within the responsibilities of this position is the systems management of other HR sub-systems including PeoplePulse (our staff exit survey tool), SAP Litmos (our staff induction system) and SuccessFactors Performance and Goals (our career lifecycle tool) where the HR Systems team support the system administration functions of these relevant systems.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Extensive management expertise and supporting experience, or a degree or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience
- 5+ years experience working in a similar position as a team leader or manager in a HR Systems function with ability to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills driving performance in a HR systems team
- Desirable knowledge of SAP or SuccessFactors will be beneficial
- Relevant operating knowledge of HR systems with a focus on system compliance, data management, process improvement, automation, release management, configuration maintenance and testing
- Ability to research and identify new developments in technology that will add benefit to the HR Systems landscape
- Demonstrated experience in the creation and embedding of an annual plan of HR System upgrades and maintenance including robotic identification opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives through enhancements, whilst leveraging system capabilities
- Manage and maintain policies and procedures around HR systems
- Ability to identify new developments in technology that will add benefit to the HR Services workload and build a plan to embed this including the ability to highlight functional aspects of the solution and project methodology to assist or lead its embedding
- Proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships
For further details about the position, please refer to the Position Description in the link below.
Manager, HR Systems - PD.pdf
- Supportive and progressive HR Leadership team
- Leadership coaching and development opportunities
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site parking
- On site child care facilities
- On site gym membership
- Novated car and e-bike leasing
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: Friday, 22 July 2022 by 11.55pm
Position Enquiries: Jeff Gleeson – Director, HR Services, Jeffrey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare – Senior Recruitment Business Partner, email@example.com
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter highlighting your key achievements and suitability for this position; and
Why La Trobe University?
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in the future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on the APPLY NOW button where you will be re-directed to PageUp to log-in and complete an Application Form. Please follow the instructions provided in relation to any documents that may be required as part of your application.