- Full time, Continuing position
- Campus Independent Location – can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses.
- $145K - $170K Total Remuneration Package (including 17% superannuation)
About the position
Reporting to the Director, Capability and Culture, this position will lead, drive and develop activities to embed cultural change across the University by partnering with leaders and the broader University community to develop equity, diversity, and inclusion strategies, to ensure we continue to build and uphold a high-performing, engaged, safe and inclusive culture at La Trobe.
This position will also lead the delivery of the Gender Equality Action Plan (GEAP), gender impact assessments, Science in Australian Gender Equity (SAGE), Athena Sawn Action Plan, Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) compliance, and program of work inclusive of governance and reporting to the Senior Executive Group and key stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Psychology or a related field.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead teams to deliver outcomes and effectively coordinate the integration of resources, processes, systems, people and policies.
- Demonstrated experience as a senior human resources leader with organisational, capability development and diversity and inclusion expertise.
- Proven experience as a trusted advisor with significant experience accelerating workforce inclusiveness.
- Experience designing and developing cultural change programs that drive a positive and a safe, inclusive and equitable environment.
- Proven ability to actively keep abreast of changes in external environment and translate into internal environment.
For further details about the duties, skills and experience required for this position, please refer to the Position Description in the link below.
Senior Manager, Culture, Diversity & Inclusion - PD.pdf
- Up to 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 21 August 2022 by 11.55pm
Position Enquiries: Regan Sterry – Executive Director, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare – Senior Consultant, Talent Acquisition, email@example.com
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- A short cover letter; and
- An up to date resume
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on the APPLY NOW button where you will be re-directed to PageUp to log-in and complete an Application Form. Please follow the instructions provided in relation to any documents that may be required as part of your application.