- Full time, Fixed Term (12 months)
- Hybrid & Flexible working arrangements offered
- HEO7 - TRP $103,532 - $113,892 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
- Campus independent - Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses
About the position
The position of Online Education Designer reports to the Senior Online Education Designer. The position will support the provision of high-quality online course and curriculum design support to the schools, and effective delivery of online education advancement activities across the University.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- An undergraduate qualification in any field and significant education design experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Specialist expertise in the design and delivery of targeted and engaging online subjects and courses.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver targeted, effective, evidence-based professional development activities in online learning, across multiple learning and teaching approaches and disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in developing interactive, authentic, user-centred online learning activities.
- Demonstrated capacity to work quickly to problem solve, develop and implement effective and accountable plans for project delivery, and to manage priorities in a matrix team environment.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to engage collegially and effectively with both academic and professional colleagues, and the ability to negotiate effectively with all stakeholders.
Capabilities required to be successful in the position
- Knowledge of own strengths, weaknesses and biases – modifying behaviour, based on self-reflection and feedback, to respond to others with empathy and act on feedback to improve knowledge, skills and behaviour.
- Ability to work collaboratively, demonstrate inclusivity and tailor communication in a way that is meaningful to the audience – consistently modelling accountability, connectedness, innovation and care.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking, ability to generate ideas to solve local problems and recommend improvements to current work practices.
- Ability to make sense of data to inform decision making – implementing ideas to improve local practices.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Thursday, 7th July 2022
Position Enquiries: Jay Cohen, J.Cohen@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Online Education Designer.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.