- Full time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- HEO6 - TRP $94,202 - $101,637 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
- Hybrid & Flexible working arrangements offered
About the position
The Global and Regional Division leads the University’s commitments to its markets and its communities and carries oversight of the University’s strategic intent to connect both globally and locally to attract students and partners from across the world, and closer to home.
The Senior Content Officer is responsible for producing written content and implementing content strategies across web, SEO, email, print and digital advertising that aligns to the organisation’s marketing objectives and upholds the La Trobe University brand.
Reporting to the Content Manager, the Senior Content Officer works within the cross-functional Postgraduate and Short Courses Marketing squad to provide high-quality content expertise and ensures all written content supports overall recruitment goals and audience needs.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Proven experience in writing, editing, optimising and repurposing digital and print content to specifically suit traditional and digital channels (digital advertising, web, social media, video and print).
- Demonstrated ability to research and source content from multiple sources and translate complex materials into plain English that is adapted for audience needs and adheres to web usability, accessibility and SEO principles.
- Experience in stakeholder management, liaison and engagement, including providing constructive advice to stakeholders and maintaining professional relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility.
- High level oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to provide editorial assistance and support resources.
- High degree of computer literacy, including familiarity with Microsoft programs, Adobe programs and content management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team including the ability to manage competing priorities, effectively prioritise work and achieve quality outcomes.
Capabilities required to be successful in the position
- Ability to demonstrate self-awareness, see things from another person’s perspective and actively seek out and act on feedback to improve knowledge, skills and behaviour.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
- Ability to think creatively, explore new ideas and respectfully challenge existing practices in order to improve current ways of working.
- Ability to build a culture of continuous improvement, implementing ideas generated by team members.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Tuesday, 12th July 2022
Position Enquiries: Jessica Zibung, J.Zibung@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Senior Content Officer.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.