Data Analyst, Data and Analytics
Data Analyst , Data and Analytics
Summary: Support business decisions with timely and effective data analysis and insights.
- Full time, continuing
- Location independent - Can be based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne (Bundoora) or Victorian regional campuses
- Hybrid & Flexible working arrangements offered
- [HEO6] $80,515 - $86,870 plus 17% superannuation
About the position
This position will help the Data & Analytics team provide support for effective business planning, and delivering data insights and analysis to teams across the University. The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- To manage ad-hoc data requests to help inform decision making, liaising with the business to ensure the information provided is fit for purpose
- To support regular management reporting and external data requirements
- To work with the rest of the Data & Analytics team to continue La Trobe’s journey to becoming a data-driven organisation
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- High numerical and analytical ability
- Ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge in Data visualisation technologies I.e. Power BI and SAP will be highly regarded
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Why La Trobe
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- A short cover letter outlining your interest in the position. Also, including how you feel you connect to La Trobes Cultural Qualities.
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing the bullet points in the Skills and Experience section which located in the Position Description.
Closing date: By 11:55pm on Sunday the 3rd of July 2022
Position Enquiries: Ed Bailey, Senior Manager Data & Insights firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.