• Full Time/Fixed Term (3 years)
• Located at the Bouverie Centre, Brunswick (Melbourne)
• HEO6 - TRP $94,202 - $101,637 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
The Bouverie Centre (Bouverie) is a values-based Practice-Research Centre of La Trobe University, within the School of Psychology and Public Health. Bouverie is also funded by the Department of Health (DH) as a clinical demonstration center, providing therapy services to families where a member suffers a mental illness or alcohol and drug related issue, and statewide training to the mental health workforce.
Reporting to Dr Anna Booth, Research Fellow, The Project Officer will be allocated different projects across their term of employment. These projects will be both internal and external (with industry and government partners). The internal project will involve detailed budget, timeline, and ethics administration via central University systems. You will also be involved in the creation of project content for websites and other project communications, the editing and compilation of high-level reports and presentations, and maintenance of participant information systems, all with a demonstrated understanding of confidentiality policy. Contribution to grant writing submissions may be required.
This role will also support key Category 1-4 funded projects. Category 1 projects include those such as the Australian Research Council Linkage Program, which promotes national and international research partnerships between researchers and business, industry, community organisations and other publicly funded research agencies.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have
- Completion of a degree; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within own area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently and deliver outputs in a timely manner.
- High level proficiency in computer software packages including website content development and troubleshooting, word processing, Excel spreadsheets, client databases, electronic mail, and the use of the internet as a research tool.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated customer service focus and solution orientated approach.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with cohort studies or other longitudinal research approaches, ideally from experience within a university/research setting.
- Excellent communication skills across multiple formats (phone, email, other) and with multiple stakeholders (colleagues, academics, sector colleagues, and participants).
- Project management expertise from within a similar setting.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Sunday 10th July 2022.
Position Enquiries: Anna Booth, A.Booth@latrobe.edu.au, Tel: 03 8481 4800
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD HEO6 - Research Project Officer The Bouverie Centre.docx
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- A separate document addressing “Skills and Experience” bullet points in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description; and
- An up-to-date resume.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.